By Zeev Estrov (auth.), Lalitha Nagarajan (eds.)
Acute myelogenous leukemia (AML), is the most typical type of leukemia in adults. AML is a dangerous type of malignancy, the diagnosis for which has now not enhanced within the final 20 years. extra importantly, it's a malignancy that's obvious in older adults, accordingly the variety of circumstances is probably going to upward thrust because the inhabitants a long time.
Over the previous 15 years, genetic mechanisms underlying AML have began to spread. extra study during this region has helped establish key parts and features. for that reason, detailed treatment of AML is receiving a lot consciousness. it's the wish of researchers that as with power myelogenous leukemia (CML), and the drug, Gleevec, a exact treatment for AML could be discovered.
"The powerful therapy of acute myelogenous leukemia is still an excellent problem. this article reports our knowing of the molecular and biologic foundation of the illness. major investigators handle advances in prognostication and healing ideas that experience major promise."
Steven T. Rosen, M.D.
Read or Download Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy PDF
Best biophysics books
A suite of 750 biographies and images of striking old and present figures in American and global historical past, literature, technological know-how and math, arts and leisure, and the social sciences.
Within the re-creation of this hugely winning ebook, Malcolm Hunter and new co-author James Gibbs supply a radical advent to the interesting and critical box of conservation biology, targeting what may be performed to take care of biodiversity via administration of ecosystems and populations. beginning with a succinct examine conservation and biodiversity, this e-book progresses to cope with a number of the subject’s most intricate issues, resembling mass extinctions, environment degradation, and over exploitation.
- Contemporary Theatre Film and Televison: A Biographical Guide Featuring Performers, Directors, Writers, Producers, Designers, Managers, Choreographers, ... ; Volume 91
- Recomendaciones para el desarrollo y consolidación de la biotecnología en México.
- Cryopreservation and Freeze-Drying Protocols
- Publizistische Freiheit und Persönlichkeitsschutz: Zu den Grenzen der Verwertbarkeit realer Biografien
- The Nanoscience and Technology of Renewable Biomaterials
Extra info for Acute Myelogenous Leukemia: Genetics, Biology and Therapy
97. Lavau C, Luo RT, Du C, Thirman MJ. Retrovirus-mediated gene transfer of MLL-ELL transforms primary myeloid progenitors and causes acute myeloid leukemias in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2000;97(20):10984–10989. Epigenetic Mechanisms in AML 37 98. Lavau C, Szilvassy SJ, Slany R, Cleary ML. Immortalization and leukemic transformation of a myelomonocytic precursor by retrovirally transduced HRX-ENL. EMBO J. 1997;16(14):4226–4237. 99. Lee PJ, Washer LL, Law DJ, Boland CR, Horon IL, Feinberg AP.
Synergy of demethylation and histone deacetylase inhibition in the re-expression of genes silenced in cancer. Nat Genet. 1999;21(1):103–107. 21. Chedin F, Lieber MR, Hsieh CL. The DNA methyltransferase-like protein DNMT3L stimulates de novo methylation by Dnmt3a. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2002;99(26): 16916–16921. 22. Chen JD, Evans RM. A transcriptional co-repressor that interacts with nuclear hormone receptors. Nature. 1995;377(6548):454–457. 23. Chen JD, Umesono K, Evans RM. SMRT isoforms mediate repression and antirepression of nuclear receptor heterodimers.
1970;30(11):2760–2769. 104. Li LH, Olin EJ, Fraser TJ, Bhuyan BK. Phase specificity of 5-azacytidine against mammalian cells in tissue culture. Cancer Res. 1970;30(11):2770–2775. 105. Lin RJ, Nagy L, Inoue S, Shao W, Miller WH, Jr, Evans RM. Role of the histone deacetylase complex in acute promyelocytic leukaemia. Nature. 1998;391(6669):811–814. 106. Lindemann RK, Gabrielli B, Johnstone RW. Histone-deacetylase inhibitors for the treatment of cancer. Cell Cycle. 2004;3(6):779–788. 107. Luo RT, Lavau C, Du C, et al.